Frozen Roll Recipe Contest Rules
The Lion House Frozen Roll
- Entries will be accepted beginning August 1 and ending December 31, 2010
- Recipes must be made with Lion House Frozen Rolls.
- Entrants must be amateurs.
- Employees of Temple Square Hospitality, Deseret Book Company and food professionals, including chefs, bakers, food writers, food instructors or teachers, and individuals who develop recipes for a living are not eligible to participate in this contest.
- The Lion House reserves the right to use any or all of the recipes entered in the contest.
- The decision of the judge(s) is final.
Judging will be based on the following criteria for a total of 75 points possible:
- Flavor 30 points
- Overall appearance 25 points
- Creativity (authenticity, originality) 10 points
The Lion House Frozen Roll Contest begins August 1, 2010, and ends December 31, 2010 (“contest period”). Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. MST on December 31, 2010. Entries become the property of the Lion House and Deseret Book Company and will not be returned.
Entry: To enter, complete the registration form at www.lionhousecontest.com and click on the “Enter Your Recipe” link. Any type of Lion House frozen dough recipe may be submitted, but the recipe must be original and unpublished and may not have previously won any award or prize. Multiple recipes may be entered; however, each entry must be for a separate and unique recipe and comply with all other terms herein. The recipes submitted may be published in an upcoming Lion House Frozen Roll cookbook.
Eligibility: You must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
Judging: All eligible entries will be considered in a first round of judging by a professional recipe consultant, and each recipe judged equally on creativity and practicality. Ten (10) finalists’ recipes (“finalists”) will be selected. Each finalist’s recipe will then be prepared and judged on taste, creative appeal of prepared dish, ease of preparation, and practicality of preparation. One (1) grand prize winner and one (1) first and one (1) second prize winner will be determined. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries. In the event of a tie, the entry with the highest score in the taste criterion will be a winner. Decisions of the judges are final and binding in all respects.
Prizes: One (1) grand prize winner will receive an opportunity to appear on KSL Studio 5 with Brenda Hopkin (Lion House Head Baker), a $100 Deseret Book gift card, and a gift basket from the Lion House Pantry. One first and one second place prize winner will each receive a $50 Deseret Book gift card. Each entrant will receive a copy of the Lion House Frozen Roll Cookbook when it is released. Potential winners will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail. The awarding of any prize is contingent upon the entrant’s full compliance with these Official Rules.