It’s almost that time. What time, you ask? The time for candy canes, hot chocolate, crowded malls, and planning your company party. In the past, your parties haven’t been bad, but this year you really want to rock it. You want the party that your employees will be talking about until the next one comes around.
Luckily for you, we have six steps that will take your party from mediocre to mind-blowing. So start planning today – you don’t want to have to rush things at the end!
Step One: Pick a theme.
Every good party has a theme. Whether it’s as simple as Winter Wonderland or as intricate as The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, you should have some kind of focus around which you can craft the rest of the party! Here are some of our favorite suggestions:
- A Christmas Story: Dress up as the characters from this iconic movie and decorate accordingly. Don’t forget the leg lamp!
- Masquerade: This is a great option for a more formal, classy party. All the guests must wear a mask as they mingle and maybe even hit the dance floor.
- Santa’s Workshop: If you love cute, kitschy decorations, this one is for you. Find corresponding games and make sure that Santa makes an appearance!
- Candy Store: Here’s your excuse to have candy everywhere! Decorate cookies, get candy-cane striped table cloths, and eat all the sugar you want.
- Ugly Sweater: This one is a classic, but your guests are sure to love it! Make sure you have an awesome prize for the person with the tackiest getup.
For the sake of this blog post, we’re going to be using the Ugly Sweater theme, but feel free to adapt any of these ideas to whatever theme you choose!