10 Weeks to Plan a Wedding – WEEK 6
Week 6 is over! Only one month until our wedding!
Michael was out of town for work again, but he is normally always home on the weekends so I get to see him really soon! We got a lot done this week again though. One thing I really wanted to talk about is combating any potential stress by keeping things fun! Hence the below picture. Just be silly with each other. There is honestly no need to be so caught up in wedding plans that you forget the real reason for everything you’re doing. You’re getting married to the love of your life – you should have fun in the process! It also helps to have an amazing coordinator at The Joseph Smith Memorial Building who tells me it is her job to worry about things, not mine. But remember that everything probably isn’t going to be 100% perfectly how you imagined it, and that’s ok. You can get things pretty darn close to perfect and get everything to feel the way you want, but remember to be flexible. I had a good friend tell me just today this wonderful advice, “The more flexible you are, the happier you’ll be”. I believe that to be true. Enjoy the ride and don’t let the little things ruin anything for you. This is you and your sweetheart’s big day – it’s going to be amazing no matter what because YOU’RE GETTING MARRIED! That’s what is most important. So get some sleep, have fun and be happy!
The below video recaps the highlights of our week with some fun pictures! Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube Channel and check out the bullet point list below the video. Enjoy!
- Dress fitting scheduled (December 14th – you need AT LEAST 3 weeks before your wedding to get fitted, get the alterations done and then try it on again to make sure everything fits just right)
- Final proofing of invitations
- Michael got sized for his ring (I’m working on getting him one now )
- Honeymoon booked! (We’re going to the Bahamas on a cruise!!! So excited!!!)
- Booked wedding videographer – Nathan Pickett
- Gathered all addresses from friends and family (figure out which ones need the sealing (wedding ceremony) invite and wedding dinner invite)
- More Pinterest to figure out how I should do my makeup
- Figure out signage and quotes for the reception
- Figure out which pictures to print for the reception (my sister is printing a few for my bridal shower that I can use at the reception as well)
- Talked to our bishops for advice on preparing for marriage (I would definitely encourage anyone to talk to their ecclesiastical leader if you are of a religious affiliation, or family members on preparing for not only the wedding day, but marriage in general – it is very helpful because this is a HUGE step and change in both of your lives, it’s good to hear what others have to say about it)
Visit our venue and floral department on Facebook:
Joseph Smith Memorial Building Guest Comment:
“I want to thank you and your amazing staff…I had so many crazy things happen this morning and your staff was so accommodating. I appreciate all they did to help make our event perfect. You truly are a wonderful group to work with and I will look forward to planning my next event with you soon.” – 2013 guest comment
Tags: 10 weeks to plan a wedding, event decorations, Flowers Squared, Joseph Smith Memorial Building, Joseph Smith Memorial Building Catering, joseph smith memorial building weddings, np films, salt lake florists, Salt Lake Wedding Venues, Temple Square Hospitality, wedding day planning, wedding to dos, wedding venues in salt lake city, wedding venues in utah
2 Responses to “10 Weeks to Plan a Wedding – WEEK 6”
Leave a Reply
- Business Gatherings
- Youth Groups
- Floral Shop
- Virtual Tours